Sunday, May 30, 2010

Thoughts From a 22 Year Old

Nice to know we have young men and women like this. An interesting take on things...,



Above all else, I love and care about my family. I want them to be protected from drugs, thieves, murderers, and anyone else who has the potential to hurt them. I expect that the majority of this country feels the same way. I am thankful to be an American, as the USA is one of the best at eradicating crime. Our country is not perfect, and of course bad things happen, there is corruption within the government, and people can get hurt. What makes this place special is the checks and balances that don't allow too much corruption to last long, therefore allowing the common man to live his life in relative peace and safety.

We, as a nation, expect the government to do everything in its power to bring criminals to justice. And not just the actual murderers and rapists, the drug dealers and thieves. We want the mobs brought down; the organizations that provide money, guns and drugs to the bad men on the street are just as dangerous, if not more so, than the people actually committing the crime.

So what I'm trying to say is that if someone endangers the lives of your loved ones, you trust your government to not only bring the criminal to justice, but find the root of the problem and eliminate that as well. If a man is able to kill thousands of innocent Americans in one stroke, isn't that enough to make you worry for the well-being of your family and friends? Shouldn't our government take all steps in its power to prevent that from happening again? Isn't that the duty of our country? Isn't that why we allow ourselves to be governed, so that our families and friends are protected from people with the power to do us harm?

When a terrorist group was given the power to murder thousands of innocent Americans, our President at the time took the actions that he was REQUIRED to take; he sent our nations police (our military) out to find that terrorist group and bring it to justice. But groups like that cannot survive by themselves; they need an organization to provide them with the necessary funding, weapons, and training facilities. Saddam's Iraq had been a hotbed of evil for as long as anyone can remember. He was the "mob" of international terrorism. Therefore, our military did what it could to wipe out this criminal organization. (If we could bring stability to a region and help those people at the same time, all the better. And if that stability protected our interests in oil - one of our nations biggest needs - also good.)

Now we are going into Afghanistan to further eradicate the cause of any possible future dangers to the citizens in our country.

I do not like war. I think everyone has a right to life. The things that happen during war are awful for anyone involved. But that is not to say it isn't necessary. When my family is threatened, I want to eliminate that threat. And since I believe my country is effective at keeping my family safe, I support its efforts, and will give my life to help its cause. I am very patriotic, but that stems from my love for my family, my friends, and my countrymen. America's military is full of people like that: patriotic people who know that in order to secure their fellow citizens' safety, they may have to do something they do not like.

I don't want to die. I don't want to kill. But above that, I CANNOT let harm befall my family.

This note was written with all of our fallen military men and women in mind, and to try to put in perspective WHY they chose to give their lives for you and me.

God bless, have a good Memorial Day, and Semper Fidelis.

Semper fi and check six!

Boom Daniel 
301.247.1564

No comments: